Why We Love Oil Pulling!
Samantha breaks down the 14 day coco rinse with local Vancouver company, Kismet Essentials!
I first heard about oil pulling about two years ago, and to be honest, the thought of it was intimidating! I couldn't say that scooping a spoon full of oil and swishing it around in my mouth for 15 minutes (give or take) was something that made me want to jump out of bed in the morning. So, I didn't! A few months later however, we started carrying Kismet's line in our shop and I was reintroduced to the idea of oil pulling, but this time, it looked much more appealing. I'm a lazy girl, and I love a cute package, what can I say! Instead of having to get a spoon every day and scoop out some plain coconut oil, I could just rip open a cute little package and have mint flavoured coconut oil ready to go. I was convinced I could give this a try, especially for all the benefits oil pulling provides.
Oil pulling originated in India as part of their natural healing practices with the purpose of getting rid of any oil-soluble toxins in the body. Coconut oil pulling not only removes bacteria from your mouth but can also prevent plaque, gum disease, cavities, and gingivitis. Its a holistic remedy for bleeding gums as well as jaw problems like TMJ. Oil pulling also improves your breath and whitens your teeth... And that's just what it does for your mouth! It's been said that oil pulling can help detoxify the body, support normal kidney function, reduce congestion and migraines, and, the best part, it can rev up your metabolism and helps get rid of hangovers!! Pass the wine and lets get this oil pulling party started!
How you want to do this:
1. Pick up your 14 day Kismet Coco Rinse here!
2. For best results, do your oil pulling first thing in the morning before eating, drinking, or brushing your teeth!
3. Tear open the sachet and squeeze all the oil in to your mouth. Kismet says you can do this while the oil is solid, or warm the package up between your hands first - I suggest warming it up because the texture of the solid oil can be a bit odd if you're doing this for the first time!
4. Swish the oil around in your mouth for 10-20 minutes. Again, if you're just starting out, it's okay to start with 5 minutes and work your way up!
5. Spit out the oil in to a garbage can (Not down your sink drain or it will harden up and clog it!)
6. Make sure not to swallow the oil while it's in your mouth because it will be full of toxins from your mouth & body!
7. Brush you teeth & don't forget to floss!
To add even more benefit to brushing your teeth and improving your oral health, you can use Kismet's new copper tongue scraper. Tongue scraping is an ancient Ayurvedic self-care ritual that helps fight bad breath by removing bacteria from the surface of the tongue. Kismet's tongue scraper is made out of copper because it's a bacteria -resistant metal that is actually toxic to the bad bacteria in your mouth. Copper also provides important enzymes that essential in helping the healthy microbes in your mouth survive! Start at the back of your mouth and gently scrape the entire surface, not just the centre, and work your way forward. This will remove the buildup of toxic residue from your tongue and leave your breath fresher, your tastebuds happier, and your mouth cleaner!
Want to give it a try? Shop the 14 day Kismet Coco Rinse here!
If you have any concerns about oil pulling, talk to your dentist first!
DISCLAIMER: This product does not claim to treat or cure medical conditions and should be used for cosmetic purposes only. Coco Rinse should be used in conjunction with regular visits to your dentist and traditional home oral care such as brushing and flossing.