Shelagh's off to Denmark, and we're sharing our travel must haves from takeoff to touchdown.
Today, Shelagh is off on a Lofty adventure to Denmark! Having worked with Danish companies when the Lofty Living shop was open, it made sense to us for her to head back there and check out trade shows, visit suppliers, and see the sights to get inspired! She’ll be keeping you and I updated on her adventures over on Instagram, but in the meantime, we wanted to share our favourite travel essentials for every trip we take!
1. There are always small things we forget to pack in our carry on when we’re travelling, and this Pinch kit was made just for those moments!
2. A good set of quality (and stylish) luggage is key for any trip. Not only will it keep your things protected, but you’ll be able to spot it as soon as it hits the conveyer belt (bright neon ribbons no longer required!).
3. A good water bottle is essential when we travel. I like my water ice cold, and finds that the swell bottle will keep ice cubes for an entire day! You can also keep hot drinks in a swell bottle if you want to bring tea on board, but don’t forget, no liquids before you go through security!
4. Dry shampoo is a life-saver any day, but even more so when you’re in and out of hotel rooms with crazy schedules and you don’t know when you’ll have time to wash your hair. This Dry Bar dry shampoo is great for blondes, but comes in a brunette shade as well.
5. The worst part of traveling is having lost luggage, and unfortunately, it happens. As someone who’s lost their luggage twice before, I can say that it’s a life saver to have a name and address tag to help airline employees identify your bag. And while this piece is definitely functional, it doesn’t hurt for it to be cute at the same time!
6. I started using these a few years ago and have never looked back – seriously, save your washcloth the makeup stains and use these instead. They're great for when your face needs a little refresh mid-flight.
7. This is my favorite carry-on and overnight bag! I’ve been using mine for years and get compliments on it everywhere I go.
8. Drink service please!
9. If you’re like me, you need complete darkness to fall asleep. With all the lights flickering on and off and windows opening and closing, it can be hard to get a good sleep on a plane. A sleep mask will have you feeling refreshed and ready to take on a new city when you land!
10. Keep all your documents organized and in one place so you’re not holding up the line at security while trying to find your boarding pass at the same time as taking off your shoes and unpacking your laptop (we’ve all been there).
11. Okay, I know this one’s a bit weird, but trust me, use a facemask during your flight and you will thank me! Flying can really dry out your skin so use a hydrating mask and you’ll look and feel like you stepped out of first class.
12. Flying can also do a number on drying out your lips. The Fresh lip balms come in so many shades (I use nude or clear) and will keep your lips super hydrated.
Samantha & Shelagh